Thursday, 2 July 2009

health is wealth

When appendicitis strikes, there is just one way out, and that is to go under the doctor's knife. A small, unuseful part of the body can create havoc and if it's not taken care of, can even prove fatal. When u see a family member writhe in pain, there's not much one can do but run towards the hospital. I was in a situation that demanded immediate medical attention and that kept me on my toes. There were tests to be done and a surgery to be conducted. The patient was my child.

Hospitals have always scared me. The typical smell as one enters the place hits hard as it is a typical combination of dettol, phenyl, medicines and bleaching powder etc. My trips to the hospital usually turn out to be nightmares. I walk in there, confident and oh so brave, but while on my way out I am brought out on the stretcher!! So, I don't go to these temples of health unless it's the last resort.

A life well spent is a life devoid of illness, but that rarely happens. Good food doesn't necessarily serve as a buffer for ill health. Exercise does manage to keep the body fit but how do we explain Cancer or Tuberculosis? However, a positive attitude worn with the right amount of good food, exercise, good sleep, clean water and plenty of fresh air is a guarantee to a healthy life. Heatlth is true wealth.

But for now, my mind races back to the bruised child lying in the other room. Hope all will be fine..

6 comments:

NR said...

ya i agree with u...when i was for the first time taken to the operation theater for my operation...it was really something close to making me feel nervous.

i hope your kid is fine now!!!
our prayers are with the child!!!

Nona said...

Hope everything goes well with your child. Appendectomy is a minor operation. But if the surgeons are not careful, there could be infections. I went through a similar traumatic phase when my wife was operated. So, please make sure you are the best hospital. Unfortunately, for us, my wife had to undergo two back-to-back operations in a span of 7 days.

My intention is not to scare you. Instead I want to caution you.

You have aptly put "Health is true wealth". My dad was a doctor and he repeatedly tell us this. (Hope my sis is not reading this. I'm supposed to say "our" dad. :))

R. Ramesh said...

all will be fine of course, friend..hope is the word that keeps the human race moving forward..v lose that and the answer is clear..meanwhile, thanks for yr comment..hey..why did u bring Bush in this yaar...poor guy..he is not a lion..lol

sujata sengupta said...

I hope you child is well now. I get anxious and panic stricken at hospitals. do let us know about your child when back home ok.

JD said...

Thanks Nazish. Things are better now. It'll take some time to recover fully but all will be well by God's grace..btw, y were u operated upon??

@Nona, thanks for the kind words. I will surely be careful. am sorry to hear about the ordeal u r wife had to go thru and hope she's fine nw.

Hey, pls tell ur sister to read this if she's not reading this :-)

@ Ramesh, thanks. Things are shaping up fr the better.

That heading (Jungle king to circus clown)reminded me of him. and then everytime a shoe is thrown, i'm sure any1 would be reminded of him..:-)

@sujata, we are back home and things are better now. thanks friend..

R. Ramesh said...

baapre...that headline...dont take it seriously haha..and thanks dear 4 passing by..let noble thoughts come to us from all sides..cheers