It's been a week since i saw 'Love aaj kal' and i realise that i like it even more than i did the day I saw it. How is that possible?? especially when it's a hindi movie we are talking about. Was it the Brazilian beauty and her innocence or was it Neetu Singh in the last scene or maybe the songs or the ... I guess it was all of it and the fact that this love story had a happy ending. There's always something magical about a couple in love. The glow on their faces and the dreamy look in the eyes make them look like characters of a fairy tale. When it all merges into a 'they got married and lived happily ever after' phase, there are tears of happiness all around.
Last year I met a 25 year old girl from some European country. During our conversation I came to know that she had another sister at home and two step brothers. She told me that her mom had got married thrice and that she was single now. "My mom left my dad when I was 7" she said. "Oh! I am so sorry", I blurted out. "hey, don't be sorry" she continued " My mom thought she had met her soul mate and she couldn't stay away from the man. So, she left home, dad and us and went away", she added. I looked confused. "She left him in three months because she thought he wasn't the actual soul mate", she went on. I didn't know whether to be sorry for her or for myself. I felt like laughing but preferred to tuck away my emotions. That is love - the western style.
India seems to have arrived too. Love today is more about convenience.
It's more about - I engineer + u engineer = love + marriage = no kids. When and if Cupid does strike, it is probably a wee bit late. The man/woman is already married and is surrounded with responsibilities. If one is able to heal oneself within the folds of their comfortable existence, the do so and if not, then they queue up outside the Divorce lawyers office. The queue seems to be getting longer by each passing day and the quest for true love is on. Being married for 10, 20, 30 or 40 or 50 years is not too fashionable any more.
Love aaj kal has a new face to it. The innocence is lost and there is a sense of superficial freedom that keeps the youngsters on their toes. The emotions are mere words which can be used as and when it's needed. There is a dearth of time and everything else can be dealt with. The confusion of whether Love has actually happened or not is what Saif Khan goes through in the movie. The last scene in which Deepika Padukone moves down as she wipes away her tears was an absolute treat. And, for a change I was happy she was crying..
19 comments:
Nice description.I liked your post.Though I have not seen the movie but I will definitely watch it.
Yes myself and my husband we both have taken the photos of the birds.
I like the last scene when Deepika breaks down after Saif comes back! :) It was like she was holding back something which was let go when he shows up. :)
Nice post!! For me the best scene was when Deepika, tells her husband that there is something wrong she knows and will sorry after that!! :)
I haven't seen the movie, I have my apprehensions..esp Hindi movie as you said.
DINK families have exponentially increased of late and those couples seem to take conscious decision not to have kids, be independent and I have read that of late they started having prenuptial agreements about going free if one finds their supposed 'soul' mate in later point in time...
Western concepts!!
I haven't seen this film yet...A friend of mine hated it...But now after reading this I want to check it out! :)
Liked your take on the movie.
And found your modern marriage formula " I engineer + u engineer = love + marriage = no kids", really perceptive. Although it is not always the case.
Hmmm...Need to go watch the movie...Reading good and bad things about it...Love is so over rated na...
Oh but i never liked the movie..
@ Babli, Thanx. those pics were really good and had a professional touch. You must surely watch the movie..
@ Nona, yess that scene was really moving. Deepika is indeed a good actress. She can shuttle her emotions easily.
btw, Hows the office staff doin?? :-)
@ Swatantra, hmm, thank the story writer she didn't have to be sorry fr too long..
@Insignia, hahaha.. I like some western concepts :-)
Things have really changed these days and why not!!
You must watch the movie, if not fr anything, then for experience sake..
@ Choco, The first half is a lil boring, but it's worth a watch.
@ Sucharita, hi. thanx sucharita. I agree with you that it's not always the case. we certainly can't generalise anything.
@ Jyothi, You must watch it.. As for love, it's the only thing that moves the world.
@ Nazish, you didn't!! doesn't matter. hope u liked the post though..
thanks for passing by dear friend..cheers
I have mixed feelings about the movie.
I thougt saif was very good in it. I somehow could not identify with the modern couple. May be I am getting old.But I would definitely recommend others to watch it. It was a stylish visual treat.
Hardly watch Hindi movies :)By the way, thank you very much for leaving a comment on my blog :)
hey...now i think i shud seriously consider watching 'love aaj kal'...
nice post had fun reading it...
n thanks for visting my blog!:)
@ Ramesh, thanx for ur comments. Hope u'll come bak again..
@ Aparna, The first half was a lil boring, i must admit. I felt there was an overdose of Saif but it surely was a movie worth watching..
hey, u dont look a day older than 25.
@ exposemax (deepak), thanx for coming by. you must watch some hindi movies. they are good and aren't even copied from hollywood!! sprise sprise..
@ angel in dis, thanx for stopping by. yes u must watch it an hope u'll visit my blog again :-)
Havent watched the movie yet but am not sure i will like it..it seems like a confused ideology plot.
hi....thanks again.cheers
Love might have changed over the ages, but it will still remain the same! Haven't seen Love aaj kal, but have heard the movie is good...
Well to be honest i did not like love aaj kal beacuse the concept was stupid but then its my opinion my sister loved it though .It was more like 2 timing kind of movie encouring people to roam with somebody and love somebody .Anyways i like your blog and will keep coming
@ sujata, hope u watched the movie. did u like it?
@ Rambler, you are right. love will remain the same..
@ Shilpa, thanx shilpa. will look forward for ur comments..
Post a Comment