I was at the passport office today and as I sat there painfully waiting for the work to be done I observed the feet of people. There were so many people but no two people had the same kind of footwear on. Not a single pair of shoe matched any other. I searched so I could find some matching pair but to no avail. What were all these people thinking when they got ready to visit the passport office? Some people wore smart sandals and turned out in even smarter dresses, while a few were there in their hawai chappals. Now, hawai chappals are found only in India and since hawai means light, so it got the name.
Isn't it surprising how people have such varied interests. Millions of people with different likes and dislikes. The only common cause there was the wish to travel. Some would travel for work, the others for an experience. My favourite kinds however are the people who would travel for some soul searching. I spoke to a few people who were waiting there like me; for time to move ahead. A lady told me she had accompanied a friend as she didn't have any other work to do. Another man was there with his family as he was moving to the US forever. A group of burkha clad women came along with a man in white kurta. Yes, just that. It was a long white cloak that he was wearing. His check turban and the saffron turban were in unison -- aflame. They were there to get their passports renewed. Little kids, babies, rich or poor, irrespective of their castes were all united in their plan to get their travel bug in action.
Some floated on their dreams and swam across the sea of people feet clad in the finest of leather. I had made a discovery and felt awakened enough to think of blogging about it. My mind was sparkling. I had turned philosophical again and this time it was about peoples footwear. But, just as I turned around to leave, I saw two girl walking toward me. They wore the same black and white striped shirt that I was wearing and denims. they were black too. They came up to me, smiled and asked if I had a pen. WHAT??! Was I the only person alive there? Why did they ask me? We were dress sisters for the day, after all.. The only people who had thought the same that day.
Isn't it surprising how people have such varied interests. Millions of people with different likes and dislikes. The only common cause there was the wish to travel. Some would travel for work, the others for an experience. My favourite kinds however are the people who would travel for some soul searching. I spoke to a few people who were waiting there like me; for time to move ahead. A lady told me she had accompanied a friend as she didn't have any other work to do. Another man was there with his family as he was moving to the US forever. A group of burkha clad women came along with a man in white kurta. Yes, just that. It was a long white cloak that he was wearing. His check turban and the saffron turban were in unison -- aflame. They were there to get their passports renewed. Little kids, babies, rich or poor, irrespective of their castes were all united in their plan to get their travel bug in action.
Some floated on their dreams and swam across the sea of people feet clad in the finest of leather. I had made a discovery and felt awakened enough to think of blogging about it. My mind was sparkling. I had turned philosophical again and this time it was about peoples footwear. But, just as I turned around to leave, I saw two girl walking toward me. They wore the same black and white striped shirt that I was wearing and denims. they were black too. They came up to me, smiled and asked if I had a pen. WHAT??! Was I the only person alive there? Why did they ask me? We were dress sisters for the day, after all.. The only people who had thought the same that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment