Monday, 5 October 2009

excuses

there are excuses for not doing things you don't want to. I could have written each day, but I preferred not to. At times I was busy or simply lazy, on other occasions I was sad or happy. The excuses knew no bounds and I got into the habit of denying myself that little space I had promised i would give myself, and to make matters worse, I didn't feel the urge to get back to witing. Today, yet again, I force myself to type in a few words.

A transition from good times to bad times isn't easy. When you've seen good days, you are so engrossed in yourself and the joy of the moment that any hindrance seems a burden. But, when that burden is there to stay, all you can do is try and look at the positive side of life, take in a deep breath, feel strong and get to work. Things have a way of easing themselves out and bad times don't last forever. I know all that and yet all I want to do at times is bawl like a child and howl and cry my lungs out. The tragedy is I can't. I just wait for time to fly by. But, time has to make it's pesence felt and has started moving at snail's pace.

Someone told me that there's nothing as good times and bad times. There's a part of good in the bad and vice versa. But, I DISAGREE..
Enuf for today I guess..

6 comments:

Shalini said...

Hope you feel better soon. Sometimes it is essential to feel awful before one starts to feel better again. Take care.

Nona said...

Good that you decided to write this down! No sermons on good times and bad times. :)

But, you should revisit the same post after a while (preferably during the good times) and post about how you feel about this while looking back!

sujata sengupta said...

feel better soon, we have to really wait long for a post from you. But now that you did write your mind, am sure you are feeling good already isnt it?

JD said...

thanx shalini. will be fine soon. Will catch up with your photographs too. it's been quite some time since i saw them..

@ Nona, I don't see those times anywhere close by. (One shoulder to cry on and I am cribbing again!!) Thanx anyways friend. will be fine soon..

@ swatantra, thanx dear..

@ sujata, thanx sujata, yes i am feeling much better, thanx to ol friends like u. hope u had a great time during the puja holidays..

overturned blue shoe said...

I'm back to your blog, after a long time and I really like what your writing. There's an honesty in your words which I had not noticed earlier.I hope you're feeling better. And keep writing, it helps :)

JD said...

@ OBS, welcome back :-) hope you will come back regularly.